Monday, July 25, 2011

Psalm 119: Prayers for guidance, renewal, and strength

I like categorizing and sorting things. As you can see, that's how I've been working through Psalm 119. Today, I'd like to share the prayers of Psalm 119, sorted into three categories.


“Teach me Your Word”
- Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law.
- Oh that my ways may be established to keep Your statues.
- Teach me Your statutes, and make me understand the way of Your precepts, so I can observe it to the end.
- With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me wander from Your commandments.
- I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide Your commandments from me.
- Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law and keep it with all my heart.
- Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
- Establish Your word to Your servant, as that which produces reverence for You.
- Remember the word to me, in which You have made me hope.
- Teach me good discernment and knowledge, For I believe in Your commandments.
- I cried with all my heart; Answer me, O LORD! I will observe Your statutes. I cried to You; save me and I shall keep Your testimonies.
- Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. Let my supplication come before You; Deliver me according to Your word.


“Be gracious to me”
- Strengthen me according to Your word.
- Deal bountifully with me, that I may live and keep Your word.
- May Your lovingkindness also come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your word.
- May Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight.
- Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, so that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.
- Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
- Uphold me that I may be saved, that I may have regard for Your statutes continually.
- Turn to me and be gracious to me, after Your manner with those who love Your name.
- Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.
- I am Yours, save me; for I have sought Your precepts.

“Forgive me, and keep me from sin”
- Take away reproach and contempt from me, for I observe Your testimonies.
- Remove the false way from me, and graciously grant me Your law.
- Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to dishonest gain.                                                                         
- Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, emptiness, falseness, worthlessness, and revive me in Your ways.
- Turn away my reproach, shame, which I dread, for Your ordinances, decisions, and judgments are right.
- May my heart be blameless in Your statutes, so that I will not be ashamed.
- Establish my footsteps in Your word, and do not let iniquity have dominion over me. Redeem me from the oppression of man, that I may keep your precepts.
- I have gone away like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.

___________________________________________________


You can see my two others posts about Psalm 119 here:


___________________________________________________  

No comments: