Chicken and Squash Skillet
· 1 Cup Brown Rice
· 2 Cups Water
· 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
· Chicken, 3 boneless skinless breasts, cut into cubes, or equivalent.
· 2 T Olive Oil
· Seasoned Salt
· 2 tsp Paprika
· *Fresh Basil, small handful
· *Squash/Zucchini, as much as you want. I used one of each
· Bell Pepper
1. Boil water for rice. Add Rice, paprika, and soup. Simmer for ½ the time, about 20 minutes, in large skillet.
2. Meanwhile, in separate skillet, heat oil. Cube chicken, sprinkle with season salt, and add to hot oil. Brown approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add Chicken to Rice Mixture. Top with chives. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
4. Add vegetables, basil, and salt/pepper to taste. Simmer covered until rice is done and vegetables are tender.
We served a simple salad w/ *garden lettuce and *cherry tomatoes.
I steeped *mint leaves with *stevia leaves for about 15 minutes and then poured it over ice. Delicious!
I hope this inspires you! What are you cooking from your gardens?
* Denotes items from our gardens