Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blink!

Blink. It's a card game I play with my kids. Over the weekend, we had a Blink marathon. It's a fast moving game, where you match up the numbers, colors, and shapes. I love that even the youngest kids can play. But the whole time we played, I kept singing the song "Blink" by Revive.

Then this morning, reading Psalm 90, the song jumped back in my head.

"Teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom."

This summer is zooming fast. I usually start school in August so we get out earlier in May, but I'm dragging my heals at that thought. We haven't had enough lazy pool days!

And as I plan for fall, I am trying to be so careful not to pack it full of so much good stuff that the days rush by! Already saying no to hundreds and yes to a few activities feels like too much.

There's a line in the song, near the end, that always haunts me. "Slow Down... slow down." It's at about 2:32.

I suppose that even if we didn't do any activities at all except living day to day, like summer, time would still keep moving at a quick pace.

A few verses earlier, the writer says that a thousand years for us are just like yesterday for Him... zip, they're gone.

"O satisfy us in the morning with your lovingkindness, 
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." (90:14)

If life is going to keep traveling at this quickening pace, then I don't want to waste it complaining or frustrated or angry. I want to be filled with joy because of His lovingkindness! Don't you?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvuxFdM3S58

___________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Jared Shaughnessy said...

Excellent reminder Becky!