Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Time Escapes Me

I am good at making to-do lists, and I love crossing things off, but at times, I look at the clock, and the time I've allotted for "work" has slipped by, but I've checked nothing off my list! I think I've been diligent, so what is my problem?

It happened today, so let's analyze the steps.

It started when I sat down and noticed a friend's new blog about reducing clutter in the inbox by unsubscribing to emails and distribution lists. Though not on my list, I think this is a great suggestion! So I begin. I'm an unsubscribing fool!

While in Gmail land, I find an email from Living Social telling me that a deal is about to expire tomorrow! Oh no! I can't let my $50 of Vista Print business materials expire. So off to Vista Print I go to order those business cards, as planned.

I design the business cards.

Did you know that business cards are fairly inexpensive? There's no way I can order $50 of them. So I have to do some shopping.

Add a few personalized pens and tote bags, all that need to be designed, of course, in Photoshop, and then play around with some other fun things. Of course, I get free shipping if I spend $25 above my $50 free, and since shipping is $15, it seems like a no-brainer. More shopping and designing.

Hours later, I've place my order! At the end of the day, I got $125 worth of supplies for only $30!

And now my time's up, and I've checked nothing off my to-do list.

And that, my friends, is how it is done.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Don't forget getting on your blog to tell us about it! :-) Just teasing. I feel your pain!

BeckyE said...

Ha ha ha! So very true! Though, blog today was on my list... so I guess I checked one thing off! :)

Erin said...

Well then, SUCCESS!