Friday, January 31, 2014

I forgot that we'd prayed

"Do you ever feel like God is saying, 'Did you see that?"' -- Lee

Prayer.

I don't completely understand it.

But last year, God powerfully answered a prayer that I forgot I'd even prayed.

In late September, our church joined up with another large church in the area, and together, over a thousand voices worshiped and prayed for our city, especially the first responders.

As a fire fighter, Lee was surrounded and prayed for by the people around us, and he had two requests:
  1. Safety: At work and home.
  2. His Job: The city was talking about letting go of even more fire fighters by the end of the year. Lee would have been one of the positions cut.

ONE WEEK LATER:
  1. Safety: Lee was miraculously rescued from what should have been a fatal motorcycle accident.
  2. His Job: Funds were "found" and Lee's position was secure.

The thing is, with all the chaos around the accident, we forgot. We forgot that we'd prayed. I forgot that I stood next to Lee, holding his hand, surrounded by people who loved us and complete strangers who loved Jesus.

Until a friend sent us this photo from that night:



There we are, being prayed over, a week before the accident.

And God whispers to me through my tears, "Look. Remember. Pray. Trust."

So I humbly bow my head in thanks to the great Creator whose ways are unsearchable and whose love never fails.


1 comment:

Nate and Jan said...

This is awesome, Becky. I am so encouraged!