Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Beyond My Imagination

Yesterday in the car, Lee and I were talking about Heaven. I wondered if I would miss Sunsets in Heaven, since Revelation says, "There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light." And that led to other thoughts, like will I miss rainy days, sleeping in, etc...

I think what it boils down to is that I cannot imagine a place where I will be 100% happy. Content. Not lacking or wanting. Not looking ahead or longing for the past. Perfect.

There is nothing that remotely comes close to any lasting satisfaction now. How can I begin to conceive something that I cannot even fathom?

Even though I don't think my thoughts can even begin to grasp the enormity and beauty of what is to come, I can still wait with eager anticipation and continue to reach ahead... with arms stretched out in front of me, waiting to lay ahold of what He has in store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.