Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simplicity - is it just an ideal?

A simple life. Free of clutter. Unnecessary commitments. Unhindered service. No junk.

Does this life even exist?


We visited a monastery today with our home school group. Wow, they have a lot going for them! It caused me to pause again and wonder why I do what I do. Why I have what I have.

It's a desire that goes deep. I have websites pinned about simplicity, I've read books about it, I subscribe to blogs about it --

When the reality is that I'm in the middle of a life that's anything but.

Four kids. Educating, feeding, and clothing them. Family. Friends. Hobbies. Ministries.

Life.

It's not simple.

So what can I make simple?

Do I say no to everything non-essential?

Or do I embrace the wild ride, knowing it's only a season?

So many thoughts. What do you think?

Me? I'll have to think later. It's time to make dinner.





No comments: