Monday, October 4, 2010

A Daily Email that Counts

"That all the peoples of the earth
may know that the Lord is God;
there is no one else." 1 Kings 8:60


I get daily emails about a lot of things. Most involve spending money. Groupon, Living Social, MoneySavingMom, FreeCycle, etc. I probably get 30 of these types of emails daily, or more. I appreciate them, but usually I just "click click click - delete."

I just subscribed to something that will come to my inbox daily that does not involve spending money - it is much bigger than that. It is about spending energy praying to our Lord for the unreached people of the world.

The Joshua Project has a link to getting a prayer request in your email daily for an unreached people group! I'd like to encourage you to check it out, sign up, and then ultimately pray! Click here for details.

My pastor, Mark Vroegop, recently blogged about the term "unreached." You and read it here.

Paul said in Romans 10:1, "Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation." Let's Pray to this end with boldness before the throne of God.

No comments: